Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Track Conditions

It looks like there's been  at least one grooming pass on the skate lane (I love seeing corduroy).  I didn't check if the Boot was done, but it looked like the skate tracks on the Clover Leaf and the Cow Pasture (as well as the Perimeter) got some much-needed attention.  Thanks so much to the Groomers!  The track cleaned up nicely.  Although right now it's pretty soft, we have a good base so it is holding up.  According to Randy and Brian both, this is where the right wax and a structure tool could come in handy.  I was on CH7 yesterday and started out fine (this was mid-day) but by the half-way mark I was really sticking.  I'm no wax expert, but I wonder if this would be a good time to pull out the Fluoro waxes. 
Taking a suggestion from Randy, today I hopped on my fish scaled touring skis for the first time in a few years. (Scaled bases are a great alternative to sticky yellow wax, or even worse: klister.)  The Classic Track at the course was very nice, although my skiing wasn't.  Might be time to focus on honing some classic skills...
Happy Trails, and think cooler thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment