Thursday, January 12, 2023

January 12, 3pm report

Doug just sent an update. I’ll summarize: he started grooming at 4:30 this morning (!?!) but ran into mechanical problems. I told him we’re all sympathetic and appreciative.

Here’s his full text:

Sorry about this late report. I have been dealing with equipment problem. I started to groom this morning about 4:30.  It took time to defrost and get on the trail and once I did, I tried putting front tines down to soften and smooth ski marks out. However, nothing happened; the tines were not moving. I did the best I could without the tines to smooth the snow. I put 2 sets of convention/classic in and groomed the skate track as best I could. With the new snow, it turned out pretty good. The groomer is being fixed. We have our own Grooming mechanic from the City (James). He is  wonderful and can fix anything. We are hoping the tines were only frozen. It is in the shop warming up.  I will let you know more when I hear. The roller was having problems yesterday not wanting to roll and James has it also, and he is diagnosing the problem. I ask for patience until we get things fixed.       

Doug

No comments:

Post a Comment