Wednesday, March 22, 2023

March 22, Wednesday noon

 From Doug:

Randy tuned up the skate track and I made a conventional track from the parking lot around to the bridge at my house and back to the parking lot. About a half Loop.  The track has been run on with tractors and skid-steer which is very abusive.  It took several hours just to get it to the point I felt it was safe to ski on.  Keep your eyes and mind alert for problems on the track.  You will encounter the most problems near the greens where they are blowing snow.   I just looked out to observe the tractor driving over the newly groomed trail.   Be careful because conditions are changing as I write.

I think the best strategy is to wait until all greens are clear & exposed, and then go back in and piece the track back together for a week or so. As I look at the daily temperature we have a couple of weeks of snow left.  It will not be golf weather until the snow is gone.  Their concern now is to get the snow off the greens so grass is not killed with snow mold.  


No comments:

Post a Comment