Tuesday, January 13, 2015

January 13 track report

After last night's grooming, the track set up really, really well. This winter, I've skate skied a few times at Harriman, West Yellowstone, Teton Canyon and Targhee. Conditions today at our local golf course matched or exceeded the best of all other tracks I've been on so far (and I didn't have to spend 2-3 hours in a car going to and from!). I was waxed with Swix CH6. Both my wax and the track held up perfectly throughout the morning.

The fog today was thick enough that my ski glasses fogged over within the first mile. I set them on top of my head for the rest of the time. Generally I would've missed my prescription ski glasses, but with the dense fog I couldn't see beyond a few feet anyway so it didn't matter. My glasses collected the fog throughout my ski. Check out the picture. Yes, it was definitely easier to see without them!



No comments:

Post a Comment